Flying to a much-anticipated vacation? To a quick weekend getaway? On another business trip? Here are some inflight exercises to get you to your destination feeling fresh and ready to go. And don’t forget to stay well hydrated!
(For more exercises, go to Fallstop.net.)
• Ankle exercises: circle the foot out 10 times, circle in 10 times, then point and flex 10 times.
• Shoulder and neck exercises: reach your shoulders up to your ears, hold for five seconds, release down for five seconds. Repeat three times. Look to your right, left, up, down.
• March in seat: hold in your abs and lift your right knee, then left knee, for 20 knee raises total.
• Buttock exercise: squeeze the buttocks 10 times, and hold the 10th time for 10 seconds. Repeat set three times.
• Back stretch: sit up tall, spiral head right towards the back of the plane (as if you are looking at the person behind you) and hold for 10 seconds. Repeat on left side.
STANDING EXERCISES (in the back of the plane)
• Ankle raises: stand tall, feet shoulder-width in parallel position. Lift heels up and down 10 times, and hold in the air on the 10th time for 10 seconds. Repeat.
• March in place: focus on your posture and lengthen your spine. March in place 20 times.
• Calf stretches: bend left knee, lunge right foot back, heel down for 10 seconds to stretch calf. Repeat on the left.
Let me know how this works! Safe travels!
Photo credit: Lucien Samaha